What is a High CBD Edible?
A high CBD edibles refers to a cannabis-infused food or beverage product that contains a high concentration of CBD (cannabidiol). Edibles are created by infusing food or drink items with cannabis extracts or oils, allowing for a convenient and discreet way to consume CBD.
Here are some key features and characteristics of high CBD edibles:
- CBD Concentration: High CBD edibles are formulated to have a high concentration of CBD compared to other cannabinoids, such as THC (tetrahydrocannabinol). The CBD content can vary between products, but it is generally higher than the THC content. This allows users to experience the potential therapeutic benefits of CBD without the psychoactive effects associated with THC.
- Non-intoxicating: CBD is non-intoxicating, meaning it does not produce a “high” or alter one’s state of mind. High CBD edibles are suitable for individuals who want to experience the potential therapeutic effects of CBD without the psychoactive effects.
- Variety of Options: High CBD edibles come in a wide range of food and beverage options, including gummies, chocolates, cookies, brownies, beverages, and more. This variety allows users to choose the edible that best suits their preferences and dietary needs.
- Effects: CBD is known for its potential therapeutic effects, including anti-inflammatory properties, pain relief, anxiety reduction, and relaxation. High CBD edibles are commonly used to potentially alleviate symptoms associated with various conditions, such as chronic pain, anxiety, insomnia, and inflammation.
- THC Content: While high CBD edible primarily focus on CBD, they may still contain trace amounts of THC. However, the THC content is typically very low, often below the legal limit of 0.3% in many jurisdictions. This low THC content ensures that the edible remains non-intoxicating.
- Dosage and Onset Time: The dosage and onset time of high CBD edibles can vary depending on factors such as the individual’s metabolism, the specific product, and the amount consumed. It’s important to start with a low dosage and wait for the effects to kick in before consuming more. The onset time can range from 30 minutes to a few hours, as the edible needs to be digested and processed by the body.
- Lab Testing: Reputable high CBD edible products undergo third-party lab testing to ensure quality, potency, and safety. Lab test results should be available to consumers, providing information on CBD content, THC content, potential contaminants, and the absence of harmful substances.